When your child joins St Michael’s school they become a member of the Schools’ family, as do their parents. All parents and carers are warmly welcomed into our parents association, the SMSA (the St Michael’s School Association).
The SMSA run events that the whole school community enjoy, as well as raising funds to enhance their children’s education and experiences. Joining the SMSA brings families and school closer together, building a strong sense of community, where everyone can make a contribution.
Here are just a few of the distinctive and memorable events that the SMSA have organised and taken part in:
- Pantomime performances alongside teachers and children. At least 10 different pantomimes staged and they just get better each year.
- Battle of the Bands. A range of parent blue grass, rock and soul bands entertained their fellow parents and friends.
- Parent Discos Saturday night fever, Bollywood party & Barn dance
- Quiz nights and auctions of promises.
- Family Fortunes (with Les Dennis, an ex-parent.)
- Campouts in the school grounds. Friends and family take advantage of our four-acre site and camp in the bottom field.
- Summer and Christmas fairs.
- Bonfire nights around 5th November to rival Alexandra Palace!
One of the SMSA highlights is the unique and exciting annual pantomime. These are written, directed and produced by parents and performed by parents, children and their teachers. We are lucky to have such a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated set of parents who make our pantomimes ‘as good as the west end!’ – Grandad from Year Four.
With opportunities to get involved on stage and behind the scenes, this is a truly gargantuan effort that is one of the very special events in the St Michael’s calendar. Do contact email@example.com if you are keen to help out in any way – you get to know people from across the school and it is enormous fun! Our website can be found here.