We know that the curriculum is enriched and brought to life through memorable educational visits and trips.
Each year, we plan trips for every year group to inspire the children and develop their individual love of learning. Every pupil at St Michael’s has the opportunity to go on an educational visit each term.
As well as local educational visits, our residential trips to more far-flung places are hugely popular with the children from Year 4 and above. Residential trips provide a safe environment where children can learn teamwork and develop interpersonal skills, excellent preparation for secondary school and beyond.
Recent trips include:
- A three-day study trip to Flatford Mill Field Studies Centre
- A five-day activity week for Year 6 children
- A special service at St Paul’s Cathedral with representatives from every CofE school in London
- A unique trip to the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory for some of our competition winners to collect their award
- Rugby day at the Honourable Artillery Company where our Rugby Club met some England players
- Christmas outing to Jackson’s Lane Theatre for the lower years
- Climbing at the Castle Climbing Centre
- A Year 5 space-themed camp-out on the school field to watch the stars
- Meeting the Emergency Services for a citizenship project
- Institute of Imagination workshops for Year 3
The children will cherish these memorable activities for many years.